Monday, September 24, 2012
Out of the Mouths of Babes
OK-so cussing has become a real issue this year at school. Not with Colton, but with other kids. Colton has told me several times about kids in his class cussing and it is always the same word, which he spells out C-R-A-P. That I can live with, especially since he is not the one saying it. But today he said some kids at lunch were saying "the F word". I gasped and immediately wanted to know who. He then said "Well they didn't actually say the word, they just said "the F word". He sat there for a minute thinking. Then he said "Actually, I don't even know what the F word is. I keep racking my brain, but there are just not that many words that start with the letter F." I then proceeded to tell him he is better off not knowing what it is. I wish he would always stay so pure and innocent. Good luck around all those hooligans!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Hmmmmmm. I don't remember those things in 2nd grade. What I remember is the Santa Clause discussions. The times they are a changing, and not always for the good.As long as Colton is talking to you and Mike about these things, that is a good thing.
Or maybe that is "Santa Claus" Good grief!
Colton is such a sweet boy - I'm glad he is talking with you all about these things.
Hope it lasts for a very looooong time..He has 2 wonderful parents for an example :)
Yes, I agree 100%! It is a very good thing he's not timid about talking to you & Mike about these things! Colton is a very sweet boy & has such good manners too. You & Mike are such great parents & fill their lives with so much fun & love!
Colton is part of a rare breed. The things he has said since he started talking have been so "adult". No wonder Wendy called him a wise ole soul. So glad he told you about it. Just keep that line of communication open. Like Pa, I thought kids that age discussed Santa, the Easter Bunny, and the Tooth Fairy.
Post a Comment