Colton started Cub Scouts this year. That is in addition to baseball, which he is still playing. His activities are keeping our calendar full. I don't know what I'm going to do when all 3 of them are doing things! He really likes Scouts. I think he may even enjoy it more than baseball. He loves the uniform(he does look pretty cute in it!) and all the activities they do. They had a raingutter regatta boat race that he placed 2nd in and got a trophy. The kids got a boat kit and had to put the boats together and decorate them. Then they did a boat race. There were actual winners and losers so there were a lot of tears from kids who did not get a trophy. It was a little sad because most of the kids are used to everyone being a winner. I guess it's a good life's lesson, but sad nonetheless. We did a tiger cub adventure day which was a lot of fun. It was at the park and they had tons of activities for the boys(BB guns, archery, marbles, bounce houses, games, etc.) Colton's favorite thing from adventure day was walking on cans. I was a little surprised about that. The next thing will be a camping trip-in a tent. We will see how that goes. I'm not thrilled about the idea of tent camping. Will keep you posted:)
Tuesday, October 4, 2011
Cub Scouts
Colton started Cub Scouts this year. That is in addition to baseball, which he is still playing. His activities are keeping our calendar full. I don't know what I'm going to do when all 3 of them are doing things! He really likes Scouts. I think he may even enjoy it more than baseball. He loves the uniform(he does look pretty cute in it!) and all the activities they do. They had a raingutter regatta boat race that he placed 2nd in and got a trophy. The kids got a boat kit and had to put the boats together and decorate them. Then they did a boat race. There were actual winners and losers so there were a lot of tears from kids who did not get a trophy. It was a little sad because most of the kids are used to everyone being a winner. I guess it's a good life's lesson, but sad nonetheless. We did a tiger cub adventure day which was a lot of fun. It was at the park and they had tons of activities for the boys(BB guns, archery, marbles, bounce houses, games, etc.) Colton's favorite thing from adventure day was walking on cans. I was a little surprised about that. The next thing will be a camping trip-in a tent. We will see how that goes. I'm not thrilled about the idea of tent camping. Will keep you posted:)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

6 comments:
Camping in a tent?? *Gasp* It's a lot more fun than you think. As long as it's not too hot.
I loved Scouting when I was a boy. I'm very pleased that Colton is enjoying Scouts. He's a great grandson!
Colton is sure enjoying growing up isn't he :) Camping in a tent will be fun. You will see. Enjoy your little man. Love ya
Scouting is such a great way to have fun while learning so much about outdoor activities! I'm happy to hear Colton is a scout & enjoys it so much! Camping out will be an experience he'll never forget. He is growing up so very fast!!!
I am so glad to see that Colton likes the Cub Scouts and I hope he continues to do so. His Pa talks about his time in the Scouts and how much fun it was. He will make some good friends, do interesting activities, learn new things and all of it will be so good for him. I hope when it comes time for Carson that he too will enjoy being a Scout. Congratulations, Colton, on placing second in the boat race. You done good!!!
Colton, I am so proud of you. Congrats on your trophy. You look great in your cub scout shirt. I hope you continue working real hard and stay in the scouts. You will have lots of fun. I was a scout den mother one year. It was lots of work, but I enjoyed seeing all the kids. Hope you have a great time camping in a tent.
Jan
Post a Comment