Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Ashlyn's 1st Birthday







Ashlyn just recently celebrated her 1st birthday. I can't believe she is already a year old! Where does the time go? She started walking on her exact birthday.(She likes to do things on time-she was also born on her due date. The doctor said that only happens 5% of the time. She's a punctional baby!) She is incredibly sweet and a little sassy at times. She has developed a bit of a temper the last few months if things are not going the way she wants. She has learned how to stand up to her brothers and lets them know if she is displeased about something. She is very attached to mommy like Carson is. They are alike in so many ways. They really resemble each other in appearance too. I call them my little twins. She loves Colton and he is very good at making her laugh. Carson loves her, but she is not to sure about him. He is usually taking something away from her which infuriates her. (He needs to work on sharing!) She loves playing peek-a-boo and she absolutley loves eating. She eats twice as much as Carson. She loves meat and cheese the most which I think is unusual. She gets excited when I pull the bologna out of the refigerator. She also likes fruit pretty well, but no vegetables. She is still a big baby. Her weight is 85%, height is 97%(go figure!), and head 99%. I guess she has a large brain! We feel incredibly blessed to have finally gotten our little girl. She was a wonderful surprise that I continually thank God for. I love you Ashlyn!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

I still remember that phone call to tell me that you were pregnant. And now look at what you have! :-) Happy birthday Ashlyn!!

Pa Kellman said...

I'm really glad that Granny and I could be there for those Birthdays.

Nancy said...

Aww. Happy 1st Birthday Ashlyn !!

Laurie said...

WOW! Can't believe Ashlyn is a year old already! She is such a beautiful little girl! I agree-it's amazing how much she looks like Carson! U can tell they are related-no doubt about it! Children are such a blessing & it's so wonderful you now have your little princess!

Granny A said...

Wow, it is hard to believe our little angel is already a year old.
Time sure does fly by. It won't be long before she will be off to pre-school so enjoy this time now.
She is a cutie. What a blessing.