Thursday, January 24, 2013

Space Derby

Colton competed in the cub scout space derby and his rocket came in 3rd place! He was so excited because he got a trophy. The space derby is where the boys build a rocket out of wood and then have to decorate it. They take their rockets up and do a double elimination race and give trophies for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. They also give a medal for the "best in show", which is the rocket that looks the best(the scouts vote). He tied with another boy for best in show, but the scoutmaster voted to break the tie and picked the other boy's rocket. His rocket looked great though(thanks to his Dad's help!) and obviously was fast! I am so glad Colton is enjoying scouts so much. Now if we could just find something Carson is interested in!

7 comments:

Pa Kellman said...

We are very proud of you Big C. I love Scouting and I'm happy that you are enjoying it as well.

Nancy said...

Congratulations Colton ! Well done ....

Anonymous said...

Proud of you Colton, great looking trophy! Love you, Uncle Gary.

Anonymous said...

Way to go Colton. So glad you enjopy scouting.


Jan

Laurie said...

Nice trophy Colton! Way to go! Scouting is so much fun & you learn so many things. I was a Brownie for a short time when I was a little girl & how much I loved it! Uncle Gary & I would sure love to see that rocket some time! Love & Hugs from Aunt Laurie.

Granny A said...

Colton, you are going to have to get a trophy case for all the trophies you get at Scouts and baseball. I am so glad you really like the Cub Scouts and I hope you continue on and become an Eagle Scout one of these days. I am proud of you.

Granny B said...

Colton, you and dad did a great job on your rocket!