Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Baseball

The boys both played baseball this spring which kept our weekends pretty busy. These are some pics of Carson playing first base, Carson's end of the season party, and Colton's tournament. Carson has decided he really likes baseball and wants to be a baseball player when he grows up. I'm sure this will change again soon because a few months ago he wanted to be an archeologist like Indiana Jones(although he was disappointed when he found out archeologists don't get in fights like Indy in the movies!) Every morning he asked to put on his baseball uniform(cleats included). I finally had to start telling him no because it was getting too hot out to wear baseball pants. He still insists on wearing his Rangers jersey practically every day. His friend's parents probably think he doesn't own any other clothes! Colton's team won the U10 baseball tournament which was quite an accomplishment. They only lost one game during the regular season and I've noticed the games start getting pretty intense as the kids get older. I prefer the non-competitive atmosphere of t-ball:) Colton was one of the younger kids on the team and he started off playing mostly outfield. By the end of the season though he was playing 3rd base and shortstop so I guess he improved. They gave him the nickname "slingshot" because he throws hard and accurate.

3 comments:

Granny A said...

Way to go, Colton and Carson.
I really enjoyed the games I got to see. So glad Colton's team got first place. Wow, and what a trophy!!
Carson aka "slingshot", you look really cute in your uniform. Keep up the good work and one day
perhaps you will be a Texas Ranger. So glad you like baseball.
Love you both and am so proud of you.
Granny A.

Pa Kellman said...

I'm glad the Colton and Carson both enjoy baseball. I think they are both doing great and will continue to get better and better. They both look sharp. And, like Granny, I enjoyed watching them when we was last in Texas.

Pa

Pa Kellman said...

Oh, and YES, first place is wonderful and that big trophy will mean more and more to you as you grow older. Take good care of it Big C!