Monday, July 8, 2013
The Night of Sleepovers! Well, sort of....
Colton was spending the night with his friend Parker and, as usual, poor Carson felt left out. So I decided to have his friend Owen spend the night. Alison had the great idea of swapping kids and Ashlyn could spend the night with Burnley while Owen stayed here with Carson. I was surprised, but Ashlyn was excited and packed her bag and was ready to go. It kinda made me a little sad that she wasn't the least bit hesitant about leaving. Everything was going well. Alison texted that she read them stories and they were in bed chatting and playing with their purses. The boys were here having a good time as well playing Indiana Jones. (this was Carson's first official sleepover too) Then I got a text at 10:15 saying "Ashlyn wants to come home". Ugh! Luckily, they just live right around the corner so it wasn't that big a deal. And I guess I was secretly happy she was missing me considering her complete willingness to go. So Ashlyn came home and went to her bed and Carson and Owen slept in sleeping bags in a tent. The boys went to bed at 11:30 and were up at 0645. Awesome. I ended up dropping Ashlyn off in the AM to play with Burnley since she didn't spend the night and I took all the boys to the movies. Sleepovers are an exhausting experience!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Kind of reminds me of that time when we was going to Cherokee, NC and Kelly was going to go with us. She never made it out of Jan and Tracy's driveway!
Ashlyn is a beautiful little girl!
How sweet it is. They seem so grown up but then they aren't. I can just see her packing her bag and getting ready for her first sleepover with a friend. Guess when it came time to go to bed, she wanted her Mommy and Daddy and her own bed. Glad Carson and Owen had a lot of fun together. Hope he sleeps a little later up here.
6:45 is just too early.
What a sweet story. Had forgotten about the time Kelly would not go with Bill and Ann to NC. A long time ago.
Jan
It's great that Carson got to have his friend for a sleepover! I've heard that being the middle child (he or she) can often feel left out. I bet Carson was so excited about having his friend spend the nite. Ashlyn is so precious - I just love those pic's of her with her little bag all packed up!
Can't believe they are growing so fast. Beautiful pics! They are so happy.
Post a Comment