Friday, July 5, 2013

4th of July

We had a very busy 4th of July this year. We started the day by going to the town parade at 0930. Colton was actually in the parade with the scouts. He thought that was great! He had the biggest smile on his face when he spotted us in the crowd and he was waving like crazy. The scouts got to ride on a military vehicle so he thought that was pretty cool:) After the parade, we headed over to the Thomas family's house to swim and cookout. In the evening we went to the Stanic house to swim and have barbeque. They live on the golf course and have a perfect view of the fireworks from their backyard. They also had a bounce house which is always a hit with the kiddos. We ended the night with sparklers(Carson loved them!) and smores. The kids got to bed around 11:30pm and were completely worn out. I will also add that I worked the night before and got home at 0630 that morning. I came home and slept for 2 hours(after being up for 24 hours) and I was sick to top it off. What you do for your kids..... I would like to comment on how proud I am of our little patriotic town. Trophy Club made the news-with a population of 8,000 there were 600 volunteers that placed over 25,000 flags along the streets of the town in preparation for the 4th. The parade(called the Parade of Patriots this year) was awesome! There were so many floats and it lasted a good 25 minutes. The fireworks were also spectacular. For a little town they really go all out for the 4th of July!

5 comments:

Pa Kellman said...

Your Mom and I both really like Trophy Club. I am glad you are able to raise your kids there. You all sure do stay busy! I know that Trophy Club has a lot of activities and an active bunch of young folks.

Granny A said...

What a great bunch of pictures. Sounds like you had a wonderful day and did many things. Two cookouts and swim parties in one day!! WOW!! Colton looks very happy on the military truck. Carson and Ashlyn look like they enjoyed everything too. Trophy Club - a great place to call home.

Anonymous said...

You made me tired just reading about what you did in one day. Sounds like you had a great time. Sorry to hear you are sick. Sounds like you need REST. Hooray for the town of Trophy Club. We all must remember that freedom is not free.

Jan

Anonymous said...

Looks as though you all had a great 4th of July. We were not so lucky here in the great North American Rainforest. The kids are fortunate to have you and Mike as parents. Very proud of you both, Uncle Gary. P/S Jan is most correct, many fine young americans paid the price and still do this very day!

Unknown said...

Wow! Your little town sure does go all out for the 4th! What fun for the kiddos! It's no wonder why they were so totally worn out! Our little town had no parade or fireworks this 4th due to rain, rain & more rain. "Sunshine" we have forgotten what it looks like! We must all be thankful for freedom & continually pray for world peace.