Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Field Day

Colton had his first field day at school. There was a 60% chance of rain that day which Colton was totally bummed about. And of course, it did end up raining, but it did not last for long. It started right before lunch so the kids were able to eat in their classrooms and then go back outside and finish the day. The kids really liked it when it started pouring rain while we were all outside. They thought that was a blast(I was prepared for a change and actually had an umbrella with me) I was a little disappointed with field day because it was not the same as when I was growing up. They did not have any individual competitions(everything was played as a class) and no ribbons were given out (everyone's a winner, blah, blah, blah) Mike's mom watched Carson and Ashlyn so I was able to spend the whole day with Colton. We both had a lot of fun and of course he did great at all the games. His favorite games involved water and getting wet(imagine that!)







4 comments:

Granny A said...

Colton looks like he had a great field day and I know he did well. He is so good at anything like that. Very coordinated. I too wish they would give our ribbons like they did when you were a child, Traci. But times they are a changing.

Anonymous said...

Colton had a great day. I don't blame him for loving the water. I bet it was hot down there that day. He looked like he had a great time playing the games.

Jan

Laurie said...

Colton is such a "little man"! I know he loves being the big brother & I bet he keeps an eye out on his little brother & sissy! Looks like he had a lot of fun at his Field Day event!

Pa Kellman said...

The Big C looks like he was really into it at field day! Way to go Colton.