Monday, September 21, 2009

Vegas Vacation

We decided to go to Vegas to celebrate my 30th birthday. It was actually my 31st birthday, but last year on my birthday I was in the hospital having Carson. I was a little preoccupied at that time and didn't really get to celebrate the big 3-0, so hence the Vegas vacation this year. We went with our good friends, Wendy and Mondo, and Mom and Dad were nice enough(or should I say crazy enough) to agree to watch the boys. I was a little worried about leaving them and being so far away, but everything went fine and everyone survived. When we initially planned the trip several months ago, I figured I would be done breastfeeding because Carson would be a year old. Unfortunately I figured wrong, so I had to pump in Vegas. That sucked. Carson has been protesting the weaning process, but that's a whole other blog. Anyway, besides having to pump and dump periodically, the trip was a blast. We stayed at the Mirage, which was nice. We hung out at the pool, gambled some, ate some really good meals, went to a club(which I decided I'm too old for), and overall just relaxed and had a good time. It was nice to get away from reality for a few days. But after two days I was ready to get back to my boys. The downside of the trip was the plane ride there and back. On the way there they couldn't get the plane to start-they said they were having "electrical" problems. Instead of getting us another plane, they rolled a generator out and basically jump started the plane. Nice. I knew I was going to die and never see my babies again. The flight back was delayed also. Gotta love American Airlines! Here are some pics of the trip. I didn't take too many because this was our 3rd Vegas trip and we have so many pictures of the Vegas sites.

Picture of our hotel compliments of Wendy

Mike and me hanging at the pool

All of us at the pool

At N9ne Steakhouse

Wendy and me outside Revolution(some bar at the Mirage)

Us at Tao

2 comments:

Pa Kellman said...

A memorable three days for Granny A and I as well!

Granny A said...

Pa said it right. At the end of the first day after getting the boys to bed, I too was in bed and sound asleep by 9 p.m. Kids are for young folks but we enjoyed keeping them and would do it again without any hesitation. Looks like the vacation turned out really well. Just glad I did not know about the plane trouble.