Monday, December 9, 2013

Branson

We took a short 3 night trip to Branson the day after Thanksgiving. Mike's mom was able to go with us and we had a great time. It was so magical being there during the Christmas season! We went to a Christmas show at the Dixie Stampede(but I didn't get any pictures there!) One of the girl horse riders threw Colton a flower during the show:) We went to a wax museum and mirror maze which was a lot of fun. I think Mike and I enjoyed it more than the kids! And you can tell by the pictures we were complete dorks, but it was fun! We also spent an evening and then the whole next day at Silver Dollar City. The lights there were amazing! They had over 5 million Christmas lights set up throughout the park. They did Christmas parades 2 times every night and had a huge tree set up with an incredible lights show to Christmas music(even better than downtown Grapevine Mom!)They had a neat train ride through the park where everyone sang Christmas carols and then it stopped and an old grandpa in a rocking chair told the story of the true meaning of Christmas. The kids rode just about every ride in the park! Colton even rode his first real rollercoaster with his dad. Mike said after the first hill he kept his head buried in his arm the rest of the ride. Poor critter! Usually he is such a daredevil, but he is just not crazy about rollercoasters. Silver Dollar City is such a neat amusement park. They have lots of shows and everyone wears costumes like they are living in the 1800's. It is just a really cool place, especially at Christmastime. The kids also got to swim a few times in the hotel's indoor pool. Swimming for kids is always a treat! Overall it was a wonderful trip and great memories for the kiddos. Be prepared....there are a ton of pictures! Most are from the wax museum and Silver Dollar City.

5 comments:

Granny A said...

Makes me want to go to Branson especially near Christmas. Maybe we can go there next year! I love Christmas lights and shows.
Well, Traci, you are now officially one of the "Girls Next Door". Ha
Glad everyone had a good time, especially the adults. I am proud of Colton riding the big roller coaster.
Love, Mom

Granny A said...

I love all the pictures but that one of Colton with Frankenstein reminds me of the kid in "Home
Alone".

Pa Kellman said...

The best picture is the one of Colton with the Marx Brothers - what a hoot! I know all of you had a great time. And I see that Granny B did get in a few pictures. Granny's always have to take all of the pictures.

Anonymous said...

What a nice trip and especially at this time of year when all is decorated so pretty. I love Christmas lights so I need to go to Branson.

Jan

Granny B said...

Branson was wonderful! Christmas 2013 will always be very special to me. Thank you Mike and Traci for taking me along.

It was so magical with all the lights & the kids were so much fun!

Best trip ever!