
I realized most of my blog posts are centered around Colton (because he's older and does more activities) and lately Ashlyn because she's the new baby. I wanted to take a few minutes and reflect on my sweet Carson. The poor middle child. He's at a really cute age and I want to remember how he was at 2. Yes, it is quite possible to forget because I can't really remember what Colton was like when he was 2. That's so sad to me!
Carson has quite the personality. He is incredibly sweet, but at the same time he is my little tough guy. He constantly picks fights with Colton and for awhile he was picking fights with other random kids when we would go places. (He has gotten better about fighting with random kids!) He usually does not cry when he gets hurt or at least doesn't cry for more than a few seconds. He can hit his head so hard or cut his lip open and he just gets up and keeps going. That is the total opposite of his brother who acts like he has been mortally wounded if he gets a paper cut! He is very attached to me. He wants mommy to do everything. Bath him, dress him, change his diapers, put him to bed. Nobody else can do it but mommy. It can be a little annoying, but I really do like it that he prefers me. He is a very loving child. If Colton gets hurt, Carson is right there hugging him and telling him it's OK. He also still kisses Ashlyn several times a day. He is my cuddly child. He likes snuggling on the couch and "getting cozy". I attribute this to all the time I spent snuggling with him when he was a baby(much to Granny A's dismay!), but maybe it's just his personality. I thought he was going to be my last tiny baby so I spent a lot of time holding and snuggling with him. I don't regret it a bit! He loves Toy Story and runs around the house acting like he's Buzz Lightyear. He will say "Buzz Lightyear to the rescue!" and shoot people with his laser. Sometimes I think he really thinks he is Buzz Lightyear. He has seen Toy Story 1, 2, and 3 probably 300+ times and still asks to watch it almost everyday. I have been making him take a break from it lately because I'm afraid it may be rotting his brain! He has started getting into the movie Cars lately and he likes Lightning McQueen and Mater(which he always calls Mac for some reason)He is always carrying around "guys" everywhere he goes(either Buzz and Woody, thomas trains, Mater, etc.) He has his favorites and does not like to share them. We are still working on the sharing thing. It does not come naturally to Carson like it did with Colton. He loves animals and thoroughly enjoys going to the zoo. He also always wants to go to the Rainforest to eat although he gets scared once we are there. His favorite animal right now is the elephant. We took the boys to the stockshow and rodeo recently and we told Carson he was going to get to see animals. He got all excited and said "See elephants?" He loves to swim although he does not actually know how yet. He likes eating hot dogs, fruit, chips, and anything sweet. In the mornings he has to have at least one cup of chocolate milk before he is functional. It is the first thing he asks for every morning without fail. He can be shy at times. It takes him awhile to warm up to people he does not know or large groups of people. He has a very sweet smile and has a mad face like no other. For awhile he was saying "oh my" all the time, which was really cute, but he has quit doing that:( He usually talks about himself in the 3rd person(like Carson's mad or Carson's scared.) He is my sweet baby boy and I can't imagine my life without him.

8 comments:
Carson is a really neat kid. In some respects, he reminds me of myself as a kid. Each kid will have his or her own distint personality. Carson certainly has his. And YES, Carson can take a lickin' and keep on tickin'!!! We are very proud of Carson!
Love,
Pa
Being a middle child myself, I understand why you need to give special attention to Carson. He is adorable and has the prettiest smile ever. His whole face just lights up when he smiles. He is a tough cookie but very very loving.
He is very special and if Pooh Bear would just warm up to him, he would be her BFF. As Pa said, we are very proud of Carson.
Aww...that was so cute! Good idea to talk about the little middle child. Now if we could just get him and Caleb to be better buddies!
Carson is a beautiful little boy. He is so sweet with Ashlyn & has so much fun with his Bubba.
I love it when he says "ah come on granny" when he's trying to get me to do what he wants.
It is hard sometimes to find the time for each child individually but Traci you and Mike do a beautiful job.
So proud of all of you.
Love
Granny B
Carson is an adorable little guy. I just love those big baby blues & his smile is the best! It's so great you did this blog all about him & are spending some special one on one time with just him. Gary & I hope to see all 3 this summer!
This was a nice piece for the blog. He is a cute boy and has a sweet personality. He will survive being the middle child. He will keep you on your toes and let you know he is around. Ha
Jan
Carson is such a little man and he seems like one tough little cookie (in a good way). It was wonderful that you could take the time and devote a section for him. He is one cutie with big baby blues !!!!! He is growing up so fast. Love ya
That is a Pa Kellman look if I ever saw one! Love you, Uncle Gary
Post a Comment