Monday, January 31, 2011

Colton turns 6!








My baby is now 6 years old! Not such a baby anymore. He has changed so much in the last year. He looks like a boy now(all the baby features are gone:( He is still fearless. His favorite things to do are ride his bike, skateboard, pogo, climb trees, swim, and play baseball(pretty much any outdoor activity!) He has made a lot of friends and seems to have settled in well at school. We had his birthday party at Chuckee Cheese and it was completely chaotic! We had it on a Saturday and there was several parties going at the same time. There were over 20 kids at his party alone, so as you can imagine, the place was packed! He seemed to enjoy it which is the important part. We had a family celebration at McAllister's (his choice believe it or not!) with both sets of grandparents and Uncle Chris too. He got a big birthday cookie and as soon as he got it, he broke it in half and said "here you go Carson". He is still such a giving child and it completely amazes me! He and Carson are sharing a room now which is going surprisingly well. They both are actually thrilled about it and it has made it easier to get Carson to go to bed (which Mike and I are thrilled about!) One night after they first started sharing a room, Carson was being difficult so I started to take him back to the nursery to sleep. Carson got upset and said "No, big boy bed!" so I took him back to Colton's room. Colton had his face in the pillow and was bawling. I was shocked and asked him what was wrong and he said "I miss Carson!" I showed him Carson was back and then he was happy. I thought that was so sweet. I hope they always stay close to each other. They get along very well considering the age difference! I will add some birthday pictures in the next few days(getting tired now and want to get some much needed sleep!)

5 comments:

Granny A said...

Would love to see some pictures and hope you post them soon. As Colton once said to you, "Carson will always be #1 with me." Like you, I hope he and Carson will always be close and I hope Ashlyn and Carson will be close too. Perhaps she and Colton will be closer after they are grown. Too many years apart now.

Anonymous said...

Ashlyn gets prettier every time I see her. Both the boys are handsome. You have a beautiful family. They will all be close regardless of age if you and Mike see that you teach them what it means to have a close relationship with family and that family comes first. The rest will fall in place. Ashlyn will have two handsome brothers to look out for her. Give them all hugs from Aunt Jan and be sure and love Pooh for me.

Nancy said...

Colton is turning into a little man and a handsome one :) I am sure the three of your children will always be close, Traci, Ashlyn is so pretty, Carson is a cutie, and your family is simply gorgeous together. I can't tell you enough how beautiful you and your children are and I am so proud of you.

Love and Hugs,
Aunt Nancy (LOL) and Uncle Rick and Sarah

Pa Kellman said...

Traci- You and Mike are doing a great job. Just keep on doing what you are doing. We are very proud of all of you.

Dad

Laurie said...

Looks like Colton had a wonderful birthday! I can hardly believe he's 6 yrs. old! He's is so adorable! You & Mike have made us all so proud! The Lord has blessed u guys with 3 beautiful, healthy children.