Friday, May 14, 2010

My Little Graduate

Colton had his preschool graduation ceremony the other day. It was very sad for me because he is growing up so fast. The kids sang several songs they have learned and then they had them walk across the stage in their cap and gown and get their preschool diploma. When they called the child's name to walk across the stage they also said what they want to be when they grow up. They said "Next is Colton Gossett. When he grows up he wants to be a singer." I have no idea why Colton told them he wanted to be a singer. That would have been the last thing I would have guessed he would say. He hates to sing. In fact, during the singing part of the ceremony he barely sang-he kept yawning and he looked fairly miserable. At the end all the kids got to throw their caps up in the air. Maybe I'm just hormonal, but I got teary several times during the ceremony. My baby's growing up!

5 comments:

Wendy said...

Ahh...what a cute pic. And it is sad that our boys are growing up so fast!

Granny A said...

Congrats and Way to Go, Big C!!
Yes, it is sad our Big C is growing up so fast. Next thing you know, he will be throwing up the cap for high school graduation and then college!!!Just hope Pa and I get to see all of it. Colton really looks cute in his cap and gown. He's a sweetheart.

Anonymous said...

What a great pic. I won't be long before you will be going to high school graduation. The years roll by fast.

Aunt Jan

Pa Kellman said...

Way to go Big C!!! I am very proud of you.

Nancy said...

Yay Colton, it won't be long now and you will be graduating from high school.Have fun playing in your new yard :)