Tuesday, May 18, 2010
Home Sweet Home
As many of you know, we sold our house and bought a home in Trophy Club. It all happened relatively quickly. Our house sold and we didn't have a house picked out so we were scrambling to find a place to live because we really did not want to do temporary housing and move twice. Luckily, we found the house we bought and it has almost everything we were looking for. All the schools are within walking distance which is a huge plus. The school district is also rated really well. It is in a cul-de-sac which we really wanted for the kids. I don't have to worry about cars speeding by while the kids are riding their bikes and playing out front. It is also bigger which we definitely needed with a baby on the way. We had really already outgrown our other house. We went from a 2100 sq ft house to a house that is a little over 3000 sq ft. I am not looking forward to the first electric bill! Hopefully it won't be too bad. It has 4 bedrooms and three bathrooms. One of the bedrooms and baths is downstairs which is perfect for when Granny and Pa come to visit. We also went from having a pool and practically no backyard to a huge backyard, but no pool. I was a little sad about giving up the pool(especially since I'm going to be in my third trimester in the summer-ugh!), but we plan to eventually add a pool. Mike wants to do it next year, but I really want to wait 2-3 years. Pool + baby = pain in the butt! Anyway, we are adjusting and I still miss our old house and neighborhood at times. Colton has made a few new friends and I'm hoping this summer he will meet more. I think going to the community pool will help us meet some people and we will be going to a playgroup for the soon to be kindergartners. The swingset in the pictures is a new addition that the kids were thrilled about. We never had enough room in our other backyard for one so we splurged and got a Rainbow. Also, a big thanks to Granny B for helping watch the kids while we were in the process of moving and to Granny A and Jan for coming all the way to Texas to help me unpack and organize the house. We are sooo grateful for all the help! Here are a few pics of the house and the backyard: 




Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
What a beautiful home Traci! I bet the boys love playing in that big back yard! The swingset is a really nice one -- what they don't think of for kids nowadays! U r so very blessed to have such a mom who's so very helpful & loving! She's a very special lady & we love her dearly. The boys sure r growing -- hard to believe Colton will be starting school! I'm so happy your new little bundle of joy is a girl. Hope we get to see u in June!!??
Nice house and yard. You should be very proud. I remember living in a 1,000 sq ft house when Mark was young and you were born, Traci. You are indeed very fortunate. Jan and I enjoyed being there to help you even if we did put in 16 - 17 hour days. It was good to see most everything in place when we left. Enjoy your home and hope you meet a lot of new friends at the pool this summer.
Lots of room for a nice sized family. The little girl will have it made with two big brothers to watch out for her. I'm pleased that you and Mike got a house that you are happy with. NOW, make it a home!
Love,
Dad
Wow Traci!!!! Beautiful house!!!! You are so lucky and also your mom is such a blessing to you all. Time is flying and the kids are growing so fast. It is going to be so wonderful having that baby girl in your lives. You are truly Blessed. Looks like the yard is certainly big enough for a pool and the kids have a cute play area already. Hope you are feeling good and enjoy your summer.
Congrats on the new house. Very nice! Looks like the boys will be having alot of fun in the backyard.
Post a Comment