Saturday, March 6, 2010

T-ball has started!

Colton had his first t-ball game and he did great! He played shortstop and he got two outs! I think he was the only player on the team to actually get any outs. They still don't really keep score though-everybody wins. It is different from blastball though because he actually has practice during the week and parents are not allowed on the field. They are also trying to get outs which they really didn't do in blastball and they have to wear helmets when batting. They also have umpires at the games so it is a little more official. I think he was a little nervous at first, but after he did so good he loosened up and really enjoyed it. His catching and throwing have definitely improved. He is #3 and his team is the Braves. I tried to get a video of his first hit, but a kid walked in front of the camera so it's not the best. Will post it anyway.

6 comments:

Granny A said...

What a sharp looking ball player. I bet the Big C was the best looking one on the team and the best player, of course. Colton you make me proud. I am so glad you like to play t-ball and I am looking forward to seeing you play when we come down again.

Granny A said...

That is one BIG helmet!!!!

Anonymous said...

Colton keep on playing well. You look great in your uniform. Caleb is playing this year for a TN team called the TN Sluggers. They will travel some. You will be in that age group soon. Have fun this year.

Aunt Jan

Laurie said...

Wow Colton! You look like a real small-size pro-ball player! That uniform looks so cool on you. You are doing great-keep up the good work! Uncle Gary & I are so proud of you! Hope to see you soon-maybe during the summer?! Big hugs to u Colton!

Pa Kellman said...

Good show Big C. I'm looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks.

Pa

Nancy said...

Hi Colton You look mighty sharp in your uniform! You will have all the girls chasing you. We are glad you enjoy playing T-Ball and if you enjoy it you will be in the big league in no time. Hope we can see you in the summer. Would love to see you play,

Hugs from Uncle Rick, Sarah and me