Friday, February 12, 2010

Our Snow Day

Yesterday, Colton ran into my room at 7AM screaming "It's snowing! It's snowing!" As I came out of my sleepy haze, I realized it was indeed snowing. And it continued to snow all day long. DFW got a record 12.5 inches of snow in one day and we were thrilled! My relatives to the north might scoff at this trivial amount of snow, but us Texans considered it a blizzard! Hey, you may laugh at our overreaction to winter weather, but let's see you deal with a Texas summer! It's all what your used to I guess!
Anyhow, the kids were super excited. Even Carson kept going to the window and pointing(and grunting too of course!) Amazingly Colton's school was not cancelled(Texas schools usually cancel if there is even a tiny bit of frost on the ground!) He said he looked out the window every minute at school to make sure it was still snowing. When Mike got home we took the kids to the park where there is a big hill so they could sled down it on an intertube. I got a really cute video of Carson and Colton going down together and Carson was smiling so big, but unfortunately I accidentally deleted it. Darn camera! Those were not my exact words at the time. Colton and Mike built a snowman while Carson and I stayed warm in the car! Here are some pictures and a video:

6 comments:

Pa Kellman said...

Great pictures. You got more snow than we got in Tennessee. It is beautiful. The boy's look really cold!

Granny A said...

In the 17 years we lived in Texas, we never had a snow that deep. In fact, I have not seen one that deep I don't think since I was a child and that was a long time ago.
The pictures were really neat and the boys looked like they really had fun in the snow. Bet they really enjoyed going down the hill on the innertube. Great memories.

Granny A said...

You can tell Colton is really proud of the snowman they built. It was a great one too!!

Anonymous said...

The pictures are beautiful and I know the boys enjoyed the snow. I thought the snowman was one of the best I have seen in a long time. Stay warm but have fun while it last.

Aunt Jan

Laurie said...

I love that snowman! They did a great job! Wow! 12.5" is a big snowfall for TX! I loved going sled riding when I was a kid. Looks like the boys had a big time tubing down the hill! Carson's little nose was beat red, but I'm sure he was having so much fun it took him awhile to notice the cold!They sure are growing - hope to see them both again soon!

Nancy said...

Beautiful postcard scenes Traci! A foot of snow just about killed me while Rick and Sarah were gone LOL At least Colton and Carson had fun and that is all that matters. The snowman was cute and the kids on the snow tubes are precious memories! The weather seems unpredictable this year :( We just had a 3.8 earthquake by our house that originated in our next town west of us. I can't imagine what the poor people in Haiti experienced :( I am glad you all had fun. That Carson is so cute and he is lucky to have a brother who loves him to death. Love you all and hope we can see you again soon.