Sunday, December 6, 2009

Winter has Arrived!

This is one of my favorite times of the year! I love decorating the Christmas tree, seeing all the pretty lights on the houses, listening to Christmas carols on the radio, watching Christmas toons with the kids, drinking hot chocolate and baking cookies, and spending time with my family. It is such a magical time of year! The kids have really brought back the magic of Christmas that is often lost as we get older. Colton wholeheartedly believes in Santa never questioning his existence. I am treasuring this time because I know it won't last forever. It makes me so sad thinking about how fast they are going to grow up. I lay with Carson and just breathe in the wonderful "baby smell" that I know will soon be gone. I guess this time of year also makes me a little sentimental.
The city had a holiday celebration that we went to the other day. It was fun, but it was really cold. Colton got to sled down a "Texas" snow hill. About the only snow we see in Texas is the manufactured kind. (It actually did snow a little the other morning, but is was all melted before noon) This is a short video of Colton



"Mom I was just looking!" Don't let that sweet, innocent face fool you. There have already been a couple of Christmas ornament casualties thanks to sticky fingers. He is mesmerized by the Christmas tree and I spend a lot of time ushering him away from it.

4 comments:

Granny A said...

Traci, you write so well. You and Mark both get that from your Father who has a way with words.
Colton looks like he was having fun. Can you imagine how much fun it would be to go down that big hill near our home in Tenn???
As for Sticky Fingers Gossett, how could you ever be upset looking at a sweet face like that!! Let him enjoy the tree.

Nancy said...

Traci,Enjoy that sweet baby smell as long as you can. I still remember Sarah to this day. Her softness and beautiful baby smell. I can't believe she will be 21 in March. Time flies so fast! Let Carson enjoy that tree... As long as it is still standing and not on top of him LOL life is good :) You will wish soon enough that he was still being curious Carson. You
are so lucky to have this blog, Traci. Wonderful moments written and captured for a lifetime. Enjoy a wonderful Christmas with your family and I can't wait for Christmas pictures and another blog.

Hugs

Anonymous said...

You did good on this blog. I know Colton had a great time on the snow. Carson is so cute. Children put the fun in Christmas with all their anticipation and excitement. Enjoy them while they are young. Give a big hug to both of them from Aunt Jan. Also a big hello to you and Mike.

Laurie said...

Wow! Seeing Colton go down that hill makes me want to go with him! I remember taking my boys sledding up in Michigan when they were little guys -- I would ride down with them! Talk about fun! I remember their excitement on Christmas morning as they opened their presents from Santa!

Cherish every minute with them Traci -- they'll be all grown before know it.