Sunday, January 25, 2009

Colton's four year well check



Colton had his four year well check the other day. Daddy went with us to this appointment because I thought I might need reinforcements. It was a very long appointment-we were there for 2 hours. They did a long exam, a hearing screen(which I was surprised he passed-he must have selective hearing!), a vision test, urinalysis, bloodwork, and shots. When they had to draw blood from his arm, he just kind of whimpered, his face got red, and he was saying no, no, no. When they gave him the shots he hollered and cried and I cried too. So sad! The stick for the bloodwork seemed to bother him more afterwards though. For the rest of the evening he acted like he couldn't bend his arm-it had to remain extended. He wanted to rest his arm on a pillow all night. When I gave him a bath that night he was OK with me taking the bandaids off his legs, but he didn't want me to take the one off his arm. When I asked him why, he said he didn't want the blood to get out. He had watched them draw the bloodwork and he was afraid he was still bleeding. Poor baby!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm shocked...you did it! Looks good.

Pa Kellman said...

A hard day for "The Big C"!!! He won't soon forget that visit to Dr. McCoy. I predict that he will have some questions to ask of Mom when he next approaches Dr. McCoy's office, so be prepared.

Pa

Granny A said...

What a brave young lad. Glad you humored him that night. We all need a little love and kindness.

Love,
Mom

Laurie said...

Wow! Colton was certainly a brave young man & we're all so very proud of him! Sounds like he did better than most young lads his age would have done! Visits to the doctor can be very scary---bravo Colton!!!

What beautiful boys you have Traci! Cherish them each & everyday as they'll be grown, young men before you know it. Time passes by ever so quickly!

Hugs,
Laurie

Granny A said...

Love these pictures of Colton at Dr. McCoy's office. That last one looks like he is full of the devil. Bet it was taken long before they arrived with the needles for the shots and blood drawing.