Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Cubscout Camping Trip

We went to Lake Ray Roberts to camp with the Scouts. It was a one night trip so we decided to "rough it" and tent camp. The kids enjoyed it, but I slept horribly and would have honestly rather stayed home. We went on a hike, had dinner with the pack followed by a pack meeting, and of course had smores around a campfire. The rest of the time the kids rode their bikes and made me crazy going out in the woods looking for "hideouts". I was OK with Colton going out in the woods with his friends, but Carson kept wanting to follow them and it was making me crazy! We all know how he likes to wander off and I was terrified he was going to get lost in the woods. It was a little stressful and I was glad to come home!

4 comments:

Pa Kellman said...

Scouting is so great and I am always thankful that the Big C enjoys it. You can tell by the pictures.

Granny A said...

I know what you were going through with Carson and the woods. He is bad to stray off and I am so glad everything went ok. Looks like they all had fun. Can't say I would have enjoyed sleeping in the tent (I am not much on camping - especially in a tent). Hope
Carson wants to be a Cub Scout when he is able to and also hope that Ashlyn will be a Brownie.

Anonymous said...

So glad Colton is enjoying scouting. Looks like he has lots of fun. Scouting can teach him so much in the years to come. Hope he stays with it.


Jan

Unknown said...

When I was MUCH younger, I used to love camping! When my sons were little, we would go TENT camping quite often. I always enjoyed sitting around the campfire - was so relaxing! I can't imagine sleeping in a tent at this stage of my life--too OLD & my OLD achy bones couldn't take it, no way!
Scouting is a wonderful organization & so much fun for boys & girls alike!