Over spring break we babysat our friend's 2 guinea pigs while they were out of town. The kids loved these little critters! Even Ashlyn would squeal with delight when we would get them out of the cage. She would get so excited and want to hold them, and squeeze them and love them. That is until one of them nipped her finger and she screamed like no other and cried and went and pointed to the cage(she wanted me to put it up!) I don't think it really hurt her, but it scared her and hurt her feelings. In the guineas defense she did put her finger in front of it's mouth so he was just testing to see if it was a carrot(the kids really liked feeding them carrot sticks) The kids of course want guinea pigs now, but I don't foresee any in our future. I told them if it eats and poops we are not getting it. I have enough on my hands just taking care of them! I think once the newness wore off they would get bored with them and I would end up with 2 more little critters to take care of. They were cute though, and I told my friend if they go out of town again we would be glad to watch them.
Wednesday, March 21, 2012
The Guineas
Over spring break we babysat our friend's 2 guinea pigs while they were out of town. The kids loved these little critters! Even Ashlyn would squeal with delight when we would get them out of the cage. She would get so excited and want to hold them, and squeeze them and love them. That is until one of them nipped her finger and she screamed like no other and cried and went and pointed to the cage(she wanted me to put it up!) I don't think it really hurt her, but it scared her and hurt her feelings. In the guineas defense she did put her finger in front of it's mouth so he was just testing to see if it was a carrot(the kids really liked feeding them carrot sticks) The kids of course want guinea pigs now, but I don't foresee any in our future. I told them if it eats and poops we are not getting it. I have enough on my hands just taking care of them! I think once the newness wore off they would get bored with them and I would end up with 2 more little critters to take care of. They were cute though, and I told my friend if they go out of town again we would be glad to watch them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Stick by your guns Traci! Remember Pewee? That hamster cost us a lot of money (Please wake up Pewee!!!)
Much better idea to just babysit them - then you get to hand them back to your friends!
Austin put his hamster in the VCR but I don't think they will fit in a DVD or blueray! Love you, Uncle Gary.
Post a Comment