Monday, September 27, 2010
The Princess Has Arrived
Ashlyn Elizabeth Gossett has finally arrived! She was born Thursday, September 16 at 3:49 pm. She was 7 lbs 13oz and 21 1/4 inches long. I was actually supposed to be induced on the 16th, but I started having contractions late Wed night so I just didn't show up for my induction. Instead, at 0600 on Thursday morning Mike and I started walking. We walked at Wal Mart, Sams, Target, and finally Grapevine Mills. We walked so much we were both exhausted and our legs ached. We went home around noon and the contractions completely stopped(they had been about 5-7 minutes apart). I got worried so we decided to go to the hospital to see what was wrong. I felt silly going in since I was no longer actually contracting, but I wanted to see what was going on. My dr. came in and checked me. I was dilated to 6 cm. He broke my water at 2 pm to get the contractions to start again. I started contracting again at 2:30 and delivered at 3:49. This may not seem like a long time, but it felt like an eternity due to my very bad decision to forgo having an epidural. I don't know what possessed me to have natural childbirth since I had never really even thought about it until that moment at the hospital. I guess I was hormonal and thinking it was my last chance to experience natural childbirth since she will definitely be our last baby. It was the worst decision I have ever made and I realized that when it was too late to get an epidural. It is a really bad feeling when you realize there is no turning back and you are going to have to just deal with the pain. I will say I pushed her out quickly(I wanted her out!) and once she was out the pain stopped. If I had it to do over again, I would get the epidural! Here are some pics of our angel.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
Well, it's all past you now, and I am so grateful. You have your lovely little girl, and a great family. ENJOY!
Dad
So glad you did natural childbirth. Wish I had done it with you, Traci. Ashlyn is precious and such a good baby. So glad you got your baby girl. Hope the two of you will always be close. You have a great family and Dad and I are so proud of you.
Love you.
I know you are glad it is all over. It is worth all the pain for such a short time. You now have your beautiful Ashlyn.
Jan
Yes! You now have your precious little girl! Enjoy them while they're little as they'll be all grown before you know it! I always wanted a daughter, but I was blessed with 2 healthy sons & I love them more than words can say. I'll be looking forward to seeing Ashlyn & the boys before Ashlyn gets too much bigger. Gary & I love the pic's -- I know you & Mike must be very proud parents!
Post a Comment