Part 1
My baby boy turned 5. It is so hard to believe the baby I wanted so badly and prayed for is now five years old. In other ways it feels like Colton has been with us forever. It is hard to remember what our life was like before we had kids. Sleeping in, lounging by the pool for hours, staying out as late we wanted, no worries and no responsibilities. Well OK-maybe I do remember a little. Would I trade my chaotic life for the peaceful, carefree life of the past-Not a chance!!
Part 2
Colton actually had 4 different celebrations for his 5th birthday! They had a party for him at school and mommy brought cupcakes(Colton's favorite!), we had a family party at the house and cooked out burgers and dogs, Mike and I took him to Rainforest and Gameworks on his actual birthday, and Granny B had us over for pizza and cake to celebrate again. What a birthday! His "big" gift was a climbing rock which you will see in the pictures. Colton can do anything now that he is five. If I ask him if he needs help with something he will say "No I'm five now-I can do it myself!"
Here is an interview with my very sophisticated 5 year old:
What's your favorite color? Blue
Favorite food? doughnuts
best friend? Ethan
favorite TV show? Spongebob Squarepants
favorite thing to do? climb
What do you like about school? We get to go outside and play
What is your least favorite thing about school? being at school
So does that mean you don't like school? Yeah, I don't like school.
Where would you like to go on vacation? Great Wolf Lodge.
What do you like about Carson? He plays with me.
Is there anything you don't like about Carson? When I take toys from him, he throws stuff at me.
What are you scared of? Monsters


4 comments:
Yes, the Big C certainly is growing up. And yes, he is one in a million. We are very proud of him and we are proud of you and Mike as well. You are doing a great job with your boys.
Our little guy is growing up way too fast. Wish we could slow time down some. Colton is one neat kid!!The things he comes up with and says are precious. He keeps you laughing. He is one in a million. I love you, Colton,
Hey, Colton - thought your favorite color was green!! When did it change? Loved the pictures you posted from earlier days. Nice wasy to do it. Also, love what you wrote. Made tears come to my eyes.
Glad you had a great birthday celebration. You are a great kid.
Aunt Jan
Post a Comment