Sunday, November 8, 2009

Great Wolf Lodge

The Sunday after Halloween we went and stayed at Great Wolf Lodge. I had just finished unpacking from Tennessee and I was having to pack again! It has been a very hectic month!

We have been wanting to stay at Great Wolf Lodge since it opened because it has a huge water park inside that is only available to people staying at the hotel. We were going to go with the Hernandez family, but poor Ethan broke his arm the week before so they were not able to go.

It was so much fun! They have 600 rooms, but only 50 were occupied so we practically had the place to ourselves. There were no lines for any of the slides. The only problem was you had to walk several flights of stairs to get to them, so you were exhausted by the time you got to the slide. They need elevators! Colton did every ride in the place except for two that he was not tall enough for. He wanted to do those too, but I had to explain it would be a few more years before he was big enough. It always amazes me how brave he is! Since they were not busy they upgraded us to a kids cabin suite for free. This is basically a regular room with a cabin room inside it that has bunk beds and another TV for the kids. Colton loved the bunk beds. We let him play in them, but we made him sleep on the bottom bunk because we were afraid he would forget where he was and fall out at night if he needed to go to the bathroom. The hotel also had storytime at 8:00 under the clock tower. They have a show they put on which is pretty cool and both Colton and Carson enjoyed watching it. I didn't really get any pictures in the waterpark because I was afraid to take my camera.

This is a picture of the kids cabin inside the room

Colton claiming the top bunk

He decided to let his brother come up and visit

Mike and Colton

PJ boys

It was hard to get a good picture of the water park because the glass caused a glare

"Wow! Can we pleeeeease go to the waterpark now?"

This was in front of the clocktower show-animals popped up and would move and talk

My three boys

Carson was ready to go swimming!

6 comments:

Pa Kellman said...

Now that looks like a real nice hotel. In fact, I wouldn't mind spending a night there myself.

You are smart not to let the Big C sleep in the top bunk, as it would be easy for him to wake up and forget where he was and take that LONG step down!

Granny A said...

What a neat place to spend a weekend and especially when you have it all to yourself!!! I know the boys loved the water park and had a lot of fun. They looked so cute in their "matching" pj's. These two will never be able to complain about being reared with nothing to do. Ha

Anonymous said...

Looks like all of you had a great time. The boys are so cute together. When Carson is a little older, they can really have a great time playing together.

Aunt Jan

Nancy said...

Wow I wish I could grow up again with you LOL You guys always find the neatest places to go to. I think that lodge is really cool and it looks like the boys really enjoyed it.They are both so cute together and really enjoy each others company. Wouldn't mind staying a night in the fort except I want top bunk :) Love you all from Rick Myself and Sarah

Anonymous said...

Uncle Rick and I enjoyed seeing you and the boys so much this summer. I am just so sad that Sarah never got the chance. I hope she will be able to before they are both older.. Hugs

Laurie said...

What a neat place to go to! Sounds like Colton had a great time! I know Colton would have loved sleeping on that top bunk, but at his age, he most likely is on the move when he's asleep too & it would be a very long step down!

Cool pj's! They look so cute! Hope to see them again one day soon.