Friday, June 5, 2009

Sea World

Last weekend we went to San Antonio with friends of ours Wendy and Mondo and their kiddos Ethan and Caleb. We wanted to take Colton to Sea World again since last year when we went he was sick:( We had so much fun and Colton really enjoyed having a little friend to play with the whole trip. We stayed in a two bedroom condo at the Hyatt and it was incredible. It had two kitchens, two bathrooms, two living areas and really nice patio area. The kitchen was fully equipped so we were able to fix breakfast and dinner there which is great because it is really hard going out to eat with babies! There was a hideaway bed in one of the living rooms that Colton and Ethan shared and they did great except for waking up at 6:45 both mornings! I was worried about how Carson would do since he's crawling now, but he was so easy. He was content being held or sitting in the pack and play. Caleb is 17 months and he kept Wendy busy so I felt very lucky. We really didn't spend a whole lot of time in the room though because they had so much to do at the hotel. They had an indoor and outdoor pool with slides and a huge lazy river with a sand beach the kids loved. The hotel also had a playground, volleyball court, fire pits for smores, a place to play horseshoes and shuffleboard, pool tables and arcade games,etc. Needless to say, there was tons of stuff for kids. They also played movies outside at night for the kids, but ours were too exhausted after swimming so they watched a movie in bed. We went to Sea World on Sunday and that was a lot of fun. We watched a couple shows(Shamu and the sea lion show) and then spent a lot of time in the kids area playing and riding rides. They have a water park there too, so we did that also. The trip was a complete success except for a few small details: 1) The flat tire we got on the way to San Antonio that Mike had to change on the side of the interstate-scary! 2) I thought it would be a great idea to work the Friday night before leaving on Saturday morning and just sleep in the car on the way there. It didn't work out so well trying to sleep in the back with the luggage with two kids in the seat in front of me. 3) It was so chaotic and I was so tired on Saturday I completely forgot it was Mike's birthday. I remembered on Sunday and felt terrible. Sorry Mike! I love you and I promise never to forget again! Now for the pictures!





This is a picture from one of the living rooms looking into one of the kitchens. The hallway led to the other side of the condo





The indoor pool





The outdoor pool




Carson's 1st time swimming(our pool at home has been too cold to swim)



Colton taking Carson on a ride



Colton loves to swim and he's a really good swimmer. Mondo and Wendy were calling him "Little Michael Phelps"




A picture of the lazy river



Mondo and Carson floating the lazy river




Colton playing in the sand on the "beach"




Colton and Ethan's sand castle

Family picture at the lazy river

Three boys in a tub-Wendy's brave!

Colton and Ethan at Sea World

This was right when you walked into Sea World-unfortunately I was the only one cooperating


Colton and Ethan waiting for the sea lion show

Me and Carson at Shamu's show

Mike and Carson

Mike and Colton playing in the kids area

Me and Colton on a big ship

Close-up of us on the ship

Me and Colton

Me and Colton on a mini ferris wheel ride

This was outside our hotel room. There was a patio with table and chairs to eat at and this area where the kids could run around

Colton and Ethan getting ready to make smores

Colton concentrating on roasting his marshmallow

Mike, Colton, and Carson

Yummy!

Sweet boy!

This is how Colton spent the car ride-watching DVD's!

I couldn't figure out how to put this video where I wanted it, but here's Colton feeding the dolphins

5 comments:

Granny A said...

It looks like all of you had a good time. The place you stayed looks wonderful. We need to plan a trip there sometime in the future. The pictures are so good and you can tell the boys (all 4 of them!!) had a great time. The video was neat. Did Colton finally get to touch the dolphin?

Pa Kellman said...

Great pictures, commentary and looks like a wonderful trip. As always, Granny and I really enjoy keeping up with you guys. It makes it nice, with us being so far away.

Anonymous said...

Good pictures of all of you and the place you stayed. I know the kids as well as the grown-ups had a blast. Sure glad to see Colton swimming so good. I can remember back when???????? Now you will have to start Carson in lessons. The sooner the better they say.
Glad you all had a great time and shared it with us.

Jan

Wendy said...

Wow, who's the hot latin guy? Can I have his number? :-)

Laurie said...

WOW! SEEING ALL THESE GREAT PIC'S MAKE ME ENVIOUS! LOOKS LIKE A VERY NEAT PLACE TO VISIT! LOOKS LIKE SO MUCH FUN WAS HAD BY ONE & ALL--ESPECIALLY THE BOYS. I LOVE THE PIC'S OF CARSON IN THE POOL! CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOUR LITTLE SWEETIE'S NEXT WEEK-END!!!